The Northeast Chapter meets 3 times a year to discuss topics on Interview and Interrogation.
- Matt Christman, CFI – TJX Companies
- Elisha Toye, CFI – Kohls
- Lisa Caccomo, CFI – Polo Ralph Lauren
- Nate Prusi, CFI – Starbucks
- Abe Gonzalez, CFI – Bloomingdale’s
- Tom Meehan, CFI – CONTROLTEK
The next Northeast Chapter meeting will be held virtually on tbd
1:00pm – 4:00pm Eastern
Speakers will include:
Jeff Teator, of URBN, and Mike Narcisco, of Verizon, “Prepping The Witness: Pre and Post Telephone Interview”
Wayne Hoover from W-Z presenting “Interviewing In A COVID World”
Wayne Hoover Open Forum Q&A
This meeting is open to all CFI’s and anyone interested in pursuing the CFI designation. We are also extending this meeting to your HR partners, if they would like to attend as well.
The Northeast Chapter meeting was held Tuesday, January 28, 2020 at Petco located at 257 Prospect Plains Road East Windsor, NJ 08512.
Topics discussed were:
How to Interview a Trained Interviewer
Maximizing Your Interview Skills
Wayne Hoover, CFI – Wicklander Zulawski
Gary Novello, CFI – Bloomingdales
Elisha Toye, CFI – Kohl’s
The Northeast Chapter meeting was held on Tuesday, October 8th from 1:00pm – 4:00pm at the Ralph Lauren location at 9 Polito Ave. Lyndhurst NJ, 07071.
Topics discussed are:
W-Z Tony Paixao CFI, LPC – Building Rapport
Abe Gonzalez CFI, LPC – Video / Audio Recorded Interviews
Nate Prusi, CFI, LPEC / Elisha Toye CFI / Lisa Caccimo, CFI – Open discussion / Human Resources
- The Northeast Chapter had their latest meeting on August 13th. The event was hosted by TJX at their Marlborough offices in Massachusetts. Rich Britton, CFI, TJX, started the meeting with a presentation on Neurolinguistics. Steve Palumbo, Tiffany & Co. hosted open discussion on receiving buy ins from business partners outside of the LP Department. Tammy Clark, CFI, CFE of Wicklander-Zulawski was the final speaker of the day. Tammy discussed Participatory Interview techniques. The Chapter is thankful to all who attended.
- April 9, 2019 from 1PM to 4PM at Urban Outfitters HQ (Philadelphia, PA)
Speakers included Dave Thompson, CFI, VP of Operations at Wicklander Zulawski who presented on “ORC Interviewing,” Mike Tazedait, CFI from T-Mobile who presented on “Beyond the Interview” and Dusko Petkovich from Axiom Partners who presented on “Active Shooter Prep & Response.” There was also a brief presentation by Jeff Teator, CFI (meeting host).
- January 29, 2019 from 10AM to 1PM at Tiffany & Co. (New York, NY)
Speakers for this meeting were Dave Thompson, CFI, VP of Operations Wicklander & Zulawski who presented “Lessons from False Confessions” and Mary Doyle, CFI, VP Axion Partners who presented “Social Media Investigations and Analyses.”
- October 9, 2018 from 1-4PM. Bloomingdale’s 59th Street (New York, NY)
Speakers included Tammy Clark, CFI, CFE (Wicklander Zulawski) who presented on “Expanding the Admission,” Jeff Teator, CFI (Urban Outfitters) who presented on “Effective Usage of Witnesses During the Interview,” and a Panel Discussion covering “Selecting The Right Asset Protection Candidate” which included Jeff Teator, CFI, Chris DeSantis, CFI and Peter Chie, CFI.
- August 7, 2018 from 1-4PM. Double Tree by Hilton Boston – Milford (Sponsored by LPI)
Speakers included Mike Reddington, CFI who presented on Rapport Building, Tom Meehan, CFI who presented on Dark Web Investigations and Matt Christman, CFI who presented on Admission Statement Taking.
- March 29, 2018 at 1-4PM. Tiffany & Co.
Speakers included Matt Christman, CFI who presented on Phone Interviewing, Elisha Toye, CFI who presented on Building Rationalizations and Tom Meehan, CFI presenting on Interviewing & Investigations in a Cyber Situation.
- July 25, 2017 at 1-4 PM. REI (Washington DC)
Speakers included Tammy Clark, CFI, CFE of WZ who presented a review of the Participatory Method. Her presentation guided attendees on performing a high-level investigation in preparation for an interview in regards to theft, fraud or embezzlement. Utilizing facts from an actual case, with real video examples, Tammy discussed an overview of the investigative process focused on the strategy for the interview. The Participatory Approach to an interview was discussed in depth as a strategy when interviewing a high-level executive to minimize excuses or denials. Ultimately, this session provided attendees with additional tools to support their effort in searching for the truth at any level of an organization. TJ Flynn, CFI and Matt Christman, CFI presented on how to utilize social media platforms in conducting investigations. This presentation went over the best practices and tools that will help investigators gather valuable intel while conducting an investigation.
- January 31, 2017 at 1-4 PM. Tiffany & Co.
Speakers included Shane Sturman, CFI, CPP (Wicklander-Zulawski) and TJ Flynn (JC Penny). Shane presentation was “Conducting Non-Theft Related Interviews” and TJ presented on prepping for an interview when you are not the investigator.
- October 11, 2016 at 1-4 PM. Tiffany Headquarters
Speakers included Wayne Hoover, CFI (Wicklander-Zulawski), Detective Thompson of the NYPD who presented on “Crisis Communication” and Matt Christman, CFI from Dick’s Sporting Goods who presented on “Rationalizations and Expanding the Admissions.”
- March 16, 2016 at 12-4 PM. Starbucks Offices
Speakers included Matt Christman and Nate Prusi. Matt presented on Internal Investigations at Dick’s Sporting Goods, and Nate presented on Statement Analysis.
- September 30, 2015 at 1-4 PM. LP Innovations
Speakers included Quinn Sullivan, Agent for the Department of Homeland Security and Tim Hickey from LP Innovations. Quinn’s presentation was an “Overview of Current Terrorist Threats within the US” and Tim’s was “ORC Tracking Solutions.”
- May 26, 2015 at 1-4 PM. Tiffany Headquarters
Featured Speaker was Dave Thompson, CFI from Wicklander-Zulawski & Associates hosted an interactive activity with the attendees focused on transitioning the W-Z Method into cases that may not be the typical theft and fraud they normally deal with. Used this same activity to discuss a current case, and then worked through the interrogation with the group evaluating each step.
- January 22, 2015 at 1-4 PM Starbucks Offices
The featured speaker was Dr. Saul Kassin Professor of Psychology, John Jay College of Criminal Justice. Dr. Kassin will be presenting on False Confessions. A link is provided to provide you with some insight into Dr. Kassin’s work:
- October 14, 2014 at 1–4 PM. The meeting was held at: JCPenney SoHo Location
Presenting was Dave Thompson, CFI of WZ on Rationalization and Implications. Also presenting will be Matt Christman, CFI of Dick’s Sporting Goods on statement taking and report writing