- Are you a CFI or IAI member working or living in the Midwest?
- Are you looking for exceptional professional development opportunities, educational programs, and networking functions?
- Do you wish to contribute to the science of interviewing?
If you answer “yes,” then welcome to the IAI Midwest Chapter.
- Chair: Stefanie Hoover, CFI, CONTROLTEK
- 1st Vice Chair: Deanna Lawton, CFI, Verizon
- 2nd Vice Chair: Tom McGreal, CFI, Wicklander-Zulawski & Associates
- Secretary: Jodie McDonald, CFI, Office Depot
- Marketing / Event Planning Chair: Jay Ganal, CFI, GAP Inc.
- Membership/Education Chair: Carrie Baritsky, CFI, TJX Companies
What are the goals of the Midwest Chapter?
The goals and purpose of this and all IAI Chapters is to enable CFIs and IAI members to be life-long learners of interview and interrogation skills through a network of elite professionals, dedicated to growing the IAI brand and CFI designation.
Who can join?
Anyone who is a CFI or an IAI member can attend the meetings as well as anyone interested in becoming a CFI or IAI member..
Benefits of being a Midwest Chapter member
- Meeting attendance will keep members apprised of changes to current laws and legal issues as they pertain to interviewing and interrogation.
- Create a professional opportunity to network and share and gain information with industry leaders.
- Attendance at a chapter meeting will earn you 1 Continuing Education Unit [CEU] per hour of meeting towards your recertification.
- Growing the chapter by encouraging interview and interrogation practitioners to advance their professionalism by obtaining the CFI designation
Where will the meetings take place?
The Midwest Chapter meetings will be held regionally in Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Ohio and Wisconsin.
Board Meetings will occur monthly via phone. The dial in number is 866-390-1828, access code #5372547.
Next Midwest Chapter Meeting
More details coming soon on the Spring 2020 Meeting!
Earn CEU’s while networking and enhancing your skills! Current CFIs should look to bring a colleague interested in becoming a CFI.
Last Midwest Chapter Meeting Recap
The International Association of Interviewers (IAI) Midwest Chapter held its last meeting on Tuesday, October 8th from 10am – 2pm at Office Depot at 800 Bryn Mawr Ave Itasca, IL from 10am-3pm. Speakers included Julie Kratz, presenting on inclusive leadership and Wayne Hoover, CFI led roundtable discussions on interview topics. Thank you to the Global Investigations Team at Gap Inc. for providing lunch!
Past Board Meeting minutes are posted below:
June 8, 2017
July 14, 2017
August 25, 2017
September 8, 2017
October 6, 2017
November 10, 2017
January 19, 2018
February 16, 2018
March 16, 2018
April 3, 2018
May 11, 2018
July 13, 2018
August 1, 2018
August 10, 2018
August 24, 2018
September 7, 2018
September 28, 2018
November 16, 2018
February 15, 2019
March 15, 2019
April 19, 2019
May 3, 2019
September 27, 2019
January 17, 2020
February 21, 2020